Okay, so I just found the exact colors of Cotton Fleece I wanted to use for Gigi! I had to buy them. They are Victorian Pink and Putty. I bought the yarn online at an eBay store and it was only $6.50 a skein. What a steal!
general adventures in craftiness
I went to another LYS this afternoon to check out their colors of cotton fleece. There were no pinks at all! There was a coral color, but that's not a color I normally wear. I was a bit disappointed. All the colors were rather dark. There weren't any lighter pastel shades. So instead, I went to the hardware store and bought a pair of sawhorses and a set of wrenches. Hurray for home improvement!
For lack of anything more interesting to post, here's a photo of a kerchief I finished at lunchtime. The summertime sale isn't until July, but I figure I need to up my production of kerchiefs. I only have about 10 or so. I want to have at least 20. I keep getting distracted by projects I want to knit for myself! Well, while I wait to buy yarn for Gigi, I'll be trying to pump out more kerchiefs!
After finishing my sewing project yesterday, I thought I might start some knitting, but instead watched some movies on cable and then worked on my wall of hooks project that had been moved to a wall in the garage instead of the living room. Read more about it here. This was a super fun project. It went by very quickly with the help of power tools!
In between knitting kerchiefs, I thought I'd finally break out the sewing machine and make something with some of the cotton I bought. I used the Soft Spot fabric in berry to make this pillowcase edged with pom-poms. I was inspired by the pillowcases that Mariko sent me. The back is sewn with two pieces of overlapping fabric so that you can insert the pillow into the case, which is sort of like an envelope. It will be a great accent in my bedroom.
I finished binding off the mini today at lunchtime! I really like how it turned out. I'll seam it up at home tonight and try to post pictures of myself modeling it tomorrow. I've also included a close up photo of the ribbing, but I'm not so sure you can see it. This yarn was great to work with and easy to handle. I may try to use it in a tank.
So, both the front and back sides of the mini are completed and now I am supposed to join the two together on circulars and start the ribbing. Then I can seam the sides, do some light blocking and take some photos!
I was able to finish one side of the mini on Friday night. I was able to get about halfway through the other side, but most of the weekend was spent trying to scrape off the last of the wallpaper in the hallway. I'll spend lunchtime today knitting and trying to finish up.
Here's the mini so far. I love how the Esprit is knitting up. I am interested to see how the skirt will hang because the GGH Velour appears very drapey and suede-like. When I knit, I am slightly stretching the yarn and it doesn't seem that the stitches are too tight. I hope to finish this one side this weekend.