general adventures in craftiness

Monday, February 16, 2009

Ta Da

I finished this skirt earlier tonight. I started draping a skirt pattern over the weekend, but then I found this old McCall's A-line skirt pattern in my stash and decided to use that instead. I sewed up a muslin of the skirt and had to alter the pattern a bit to customize the fit. The underskirt is only slightly showing and is more like a slip that is too long. I didn't want it to show more than half an inch unlike the Anthropologie skirt. You can't tell from the dress form, but the skirt sits on my waist and comes right above my knee.

Labels: , ,