We had another snow day today! There is still lots of snow on the ground, but the main streets seem to be pretty clear. There is another chance of snow tonight, as well as everything refreezing. Who knows what tomorrow will be like? All I can say is that it sure is nice to hang around home and work on projects!
The first project I finished yesterday was the Brooklyn Cap from the Summer 2006 Interweave Knits
. I crocheted a chain around the brim for some extra detail. Obviously, it still needs to be felted, but that may be a while since my washing machine is currently out of order due to the renovations in the basement. I also worked on the fronts of the Alexi cardigan and am just a few inches shy of finishing both of those.
My apparel construction 2 and textiles classes were both canceled this week, so I started working on my pants project yesterday and was able to finish up today except for the zippers on the side seams. As I mentioned before, I didn't need to make any alterations when I did the tissue fitting. However, when I sewed the fronts and backs together and was able to try on the shorts, they were huge. So, I ended up taking in the side seams, as well as the rear rise. They fit surprisingly well now, especially with the stretch denim. I really like the pattern and several of the details, like the side zippers, the back fake pocket flaps, and the yoke fronts that are supposed to look like pockets. This is another Built by Wendy pattern
, so there is lots of topstitching. I'll post photos when they are completely finished.
Labels: brooklyn cap, built by wendy, felting, shorts, striped stretch denim